What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
To answer that, it’s important to understand what an ERP is. An ERP (enterprise resource planning) is a management system comprised of different programs, software, and technologies that can streamline business processes. Essentially, it’s a business management program that helps you better run your business.
Need to track your cash flow? Got to keep tabs on your raw materials? Want oversight over your productivity, sales, and payroll? An ERP, when set up and integrated properly, can do all of that.
There are a lot of ERPs out there, and most of them promise to streamline your business, provide real-time and high-level oversight, and help you manage your projects and production better.
However, not all of them perform as promised.
This brings us back to the original question: what is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Well, technically, while it’s still widely referred to as Business Central, it exists as part of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 product line. The entire product line is widely geared toward enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management. It includes applications with uses ranging from sales and customer service to human resources and marketing.
Of this entire product line, Dynamics 365 Business Central is the enterprise resource planning designed for small- and medium-sized businesses. The service can serve a number of different sectors, including fintech, retail, government and public agencies, manufacturing, and the service industry.
Okay, now that we’ve covered that, let’s talk about what Business Central actually does.
With it, you can:
- Work wherever your business takes you, with full capabilities on desktop, tablet, or mobile, on-premises or in the cloud, across Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
- Remove organizational silos with one comprehensive solution that runs where you need it, offering the same user experience and rapid deployment, go-live, and onboarding in the cloud or on-premises.
- Scale and perform as you grow using modern technologies built on the Microsoft cloud, such as machine learning, IoT, and mixed reality, to help you adapt to market dynamics.
- Take control of your mission-critical business data and help protect it from unauthorized access with automatic Microsoft datacenter encryption.
- Get purpose-driven extensions from the Microsoft AppSource business applications marketplace to meet your unique vertical or business-specific requirements, including add-ons built by Tigunia to manage sales tax, Shopify integration, and royalties calculations and payments.
- Better manage your cash flow, bank reconciliations, fixed assets, budgeting, and project costing while shortening cycle times with the late payment–prediction extension.
- Build better relationships with suppliers and convert the best offers to orders. Ensure compliance with internal and external policies with process governance and approvals.
- Use the same costing method or different ones for inventory items, and easily move items between locations to control the quantity on hand using cycling counting.
Keep in mind, this is just a fraction of what Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central can do. We’re not kidding, go look at their website and scroll through. There’s a lot.
And this brings us to the next and final point: ERPs and CRMs can be complicated systems. Ideally, they incorporate every aspect of your business. With countless integrations and applications that can be included, it can get even more complicated.
That’s not to say that it’s impossible to implement either an ERP or CRM on your own, but you can be confident in your system’s implementation when you partner with certified and experienced professionals who exist to help you and your organization thrive.
For more information on Dynamics 365, check out our resource or contact Tigunia today.