This End User License Agreement, including the Order Form or Statement of Work (the “Order Form”) which by this reference is incorporated herein (this “Agreement”), is a binding agreement between TIGUNIA, LLC (“Licensor”) and the person or entity identified on the Order Form as the licensee of the Software (“Licensee”).
LICENSOR PROVIDES THE SOFTWARE SOLELY ON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND ON THE CONDITION THAT LICENSEE ACCEPTS AND COMPLIES WITH THEM. BY INSTALLING, HAVING INSTALLED, SUBSCRIBING TO, OR USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU (A) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT LICENSEE IS LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS; AND (B) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT IF LICENSEE IS A CORPORATION, GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION, OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, LICENSEE HAS THE RIGHT, POWER, AND AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF LICENSEE AND BIND LICENSEE TO ITS TERMS. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, LICENSOR WILL NOT AND DOES NOT LICENSE THE SOFTWARE TO LICENSEE AND LICENSEE MUST NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT OR LICENSEE’S ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, NO LICENSE IS GRANTED (WHETHER EXPRESSLY, BY IMPLICATION, OR OTHERWISE) UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY RIGHT, CONCERNING ANY SOFTWARE THAT LICENSEE DID NOT ACQUIRE LAWFULLY OR THAT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE, AUTHORIZED COPY OF LICENSOR’S SOFTWARE.
1. Definitions. For purposes of this Agreement, the following terms have the following meanings:
“Authorized Users” means the following individual persons authorized to use the Software pursuant to the license granted under this Agreement: solely those individuals authorized to use the Software pursuant to the license granted under this Agreement, as set forth on the Order Form. Authorized Users are also subject to the provisions of Appendix 1 hereto.
“Documentation” means user manuals, technical manuals, statement of work, and any other materials provided by Licensor, in printed, electronic, or other form, that describe the installation, operation, use, or technical specifications of the Software.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all registered and unregistered rights granted, applied for, or otherwise now or hereafter in existence under or related to any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, database protection, or other intellectual property rights laws, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection, in any part of the world.
“Licensee” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
“License Fees” means the license fees set forth on the Order Form, including all taxes thereon, paid or required to be paid by Licensee for the license granted under this Agreement.
“Licensor” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
“Order Form” means the order form or statement of work filled out and submitted by or on behalf of Licensee, and accepted by Licensor, for Licensee’s purchase of the license for the Software granted under this Agreement.
“Person” means an individual, corporation, partnership, joint venture, limited liability company, governmental authority, unincorporated organization, trust, association, or other entity.
“Software” means the software programs for which Licensee is purchasing a license, as expressly set forth in the Order Form.
“Term” has the meaning set forth in Section 11.
“Third Party” means any Person other than Licensee or Licensor.
“Update” has the meaning set forth in Section 7(b).
2. License Grant and Scope. Subject to and conditioned upon Licensee’s payment of the License Fees and Licensee’s strict compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited license during the Term to use, solely by and through its Authorized Users, the Software and Documentation, solely as set forth in this Section 2 and subject to all conditions and limitations set forth in this Agreement. This license grants Licensee the right, exercisable solely by and through Licensee’s Authorized Users, based on one of the following License Models:
a. Perpetual License Model – Under this model, Licensee has licensed the software under Perpetual License terms, as code that is installed on Licensee’s equipment or hosted for Licensee by a third party acting as Licensee’s agent (“Perpetual License Model”). Under the Perpetual License Model, Licensee is permitted to download and install in accordance with the Documentation one (1) copy of the Software on each of the number of computers set forth on the Order Form owned or leased, and controlled by, Licensee. Unless the Order Form expressly states that Licensee is purchasing a network license, each such computer shall be for a single Authorized User. In addition to the foregoing, Licensee has the right to make one copy of the Software solely for archival purposes and of the Software solely for backup purposes. All copies of the Software made by the Licensee use and run the Software as properly installed in accordance with this Agreement and the Documentation, solely as set forth in the Documentation and solely for Licensee’s internal business purposes.
b. Subscription License Model – Under this model, Licensee shall have licensed the software on a per user basis for a limited period, as indicated on the Order Form. The software shall be hosted by Licensor, Microsoft or an approved third party and provided to Licensee (“Subscription Model”). If Licensee’s license expires or terminates, Licensee’s right to use the software will stop immediately. If Licensee continues using the software after that, Licensee could be held liable for infringement of intellectual property rights, which could result in significant damages being assessed against Licensee or other legal remedies. Servers on which the software is installed will from time to time perform a validation check of the software. Validation verifies that the software has been properly licensed. It also verifies that no unauthorized changes have been made to the validation functions of the software. The validation check may be initiated by the software or Licensor. To enable validation checks, the software may from time to time require updates or additional downloads of the validation functions of the software. The updates or downloads are required for the proper functioning of the software and may be installed without further notice to you. If, after a validation check, the software is found to be improperly licensed, Licensor may provide notice that the software is improperly licensed, Licensee are in breach of this agreement an may be subject to legal damages.
c. Dependence on Microsoft. Certain of the functionality of the Software, some of which may be critical to its operation, may be dependent on Microsoft software. If Microsoft modifies its software so as to require the Software to be materially modified, then Licensor will notify Licensee of the need to make such modifications.
3. Third-Party Materials. The Software may include software, content, data, or other materials, including related documentation, that are owned by Persons other than Licensor and that are provided to Licensee on licensee terms that are in addition to and different from those contained in this Agreement (“Third-Party Licenses”).
4. Use Restrictions. Licensee shall not, and shall require its Authorized Users not to, directly or indirectly:
a. use (including make any copies of) the Software or Documentation beyond the scope of the license granted under Section 2;
b. except as may be permitted by Section 2 and strictly in compliance with its terms, provide any other Person, including any subcontractor, independent contractor, affiliate, or service provider of Licensee, with access to or use of the Software or Documentation;
c. modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software or Documentation or any part thereof;
d. reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software or any part thereof;
e. remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices provided on or with the Software or Documentation, including any copy thereof;
f. except as expressly set forth in Section 2, copy the Software or Documentation, in whole or in part;
g. rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Software, or any features or functionality of the Software, to any Third Party for any reason, whether or not over a network or on a hosted basis, including in connection with the internet or any web hosting, wide area network (WAN), virtual private network (VPN), virtualization, time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud, or other technology or service;
h. use the Software or Documentation in violation of any law, regulation, or rule; or
i. use the Software or Documentation for purposes of competitive analysis of the Software, the development of a competing software product or service, or any other purpose that is to the Licensor’s commercial disadvantage.
5. Responsibility for Use of Software. Licensee is responsible and liable for all uses of the Software and Documentation through access thereto provided by Licensee, directly or indirectly. Specifically, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Licensee is responsible and liable for all actions and failures to take required actions with respect to the Software and Documentation by its Authorized Users or by any other Person to whom Licensee or an Authorized User may provide access to or use of the Software and/or Documentation, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of this Agreement.
6. Compliance Measures
a. The Software may contain technological copy protection or other security features designed to prevent unauthorized use of the Software, including features to protect against any use of the Software that is prohibited under Section 4. Licensee shall not, and shall not attempt to, remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to, any such copy protection or security features.
b. On an annual basis, and otherwise on Licensor’s written request, Licensee shall conduct a review of its and its Authorized Users use the Software and certify to Licensor in a written instrument signed by an officer of Licensee that it is in full compliance with this Agreement or, if Licensee discovers any noncompliance:
i. Licensee shall immediately remedy such noncompliance and provide Licensor with written notice thereof. Licensee shall provide Licensor with all access and assistance as Licensor requests to further evaluate and remedy such noncompliance.
ii. If Licensee’s use of the Software exceeds the number of copies or Authorized Users permitted under the license, Licensor shall have the remedies set forth in Section 6(d).
c. During the Term, Licensor may, in Licensor’s sole discretion, audit Licensee’s use of the Software to ensure Licensee’s compliance with this Agreement, provided that any such audit shall be conducted on not less than three (3) days’ prior notice to Licensee. Licensor also may, in its sole discretion, audit Licensee’s systems within twelve (12) months after the end of the Term to ensure Licensee has ceased use of the Software and removed the all copies of the Software from such systems as required hereunder. The Licensee shall fully cooperate with Licensor’s personnel conducting such audits and provide all access requested by the Licensor to records, systems, equipment, information, and personnel, including machine IDs, serial numbers, and related information.
d. If the audit determines that the Licensee’s use of the Software exceeds or exceeded the use permitted by this Agreement, then:
i. Licensee shall, within five (5) days following the date of Licensor’s written notification thereof, pay to Licensor the retroactive License Fees for such excess use and, unless Licensor terminates this Agreement pursuant to Section 6(d)(iii), obtain and pay for a valid license to bring Licensee’s use into compliance with this Agreement. In determining the Licensee Fee payable pursuant to the foregoing, (x) unless Licensee can demonstrate otherwise by documentary evidence, all excess use of the Software shall be deemed to have commenced on the commencement date of this Agreement or, if later, the completion date of any audit previously conducted by Licensor hereunder, and continued uninterrupted thereafter, and (y) the rates for such licenses shall be determined without regard to any discount to which Licensee may have been entitled had such use been properly licensed prior to its commencement (or deemed commencement).
ii. If the use exceeds or exceeded the use permitted by this Agreement by more than three percent (3%), Licensee shall also pay to Licensor, within ten (10) days following the date of Licensor’s written request therefor, Licensor’s costs incurred in conducting the audit.
iii. If the use exceeds or exceeded the use permitted by this Agreement by more than ten percent (10%), Licensor shall also have the right to terminate this Agreement and the license granted hereunder, effective immediately upon written notice to Licensee.
Licensor’s remedies set forth in this Section 6(d) are cumulative and are in addition to, and not in lieu of, all other remedies the Licensor may have at law or in equity, whether under this Agreement or otherwise.
a. Subject to Section 7(c), the license granted hereunder entitles Licensee to the basic software maintenance services described in this Section 7:
i. If the Licensee is licensing the Software under the Perpetual Model described in Section 2(a), then for one (1) year following the date set forth on the Order Form and, thereafter, solely if Licensee purchases additional maintenance services.
ii. If the Licensee is licensing the Software under the Subscription Model described in Section 2(b), then for the duration of the Term.
b. Maintenance services will include provision of such updates, upgrades, bug fixes, patches, and other error corrections (collectively, “Updates”) as Licensor makes generally available free of charge to all licensees of the Software then entitled to maintenance services. Licensor may develop and provide Updates in its sole discretion, and Licensee agrees that Licensor has no obligation to develop any Updates at all or for particular issues. Licensee further agrees that all Updates will be deemed Software, and related documentation will be deemed Documentation, all subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement. Licensee acknowledges that Licensor may provide some or all Updates via download from a website designated by Licensor and that Licensee’s receipt thereof will require an internet connection, which connection is Licensee’s sole responsibility. Licensor has no obligation to provide Updates via any other media. Maintenance services do not include any new version or new release of the Software that Licensor may issue as a separate or new product, and Licensor may determine whether any issuance qualifies as a new version, new release, or Update in its sole discretion.
c. Licensor reserves the right to condition the provision of maintenance services, including all or any Updates, on Licensee’s registration of the copy of Software for which support is requested. Licensor has no obligation to provide maintenance services, including Updates:
i. for any but the most current version or release of the Software;
ii. for any copy of Software for which all previously issued Updates have not been installed;
iii. if Licensee is in breach under this Agreement; or
iv. for any Software that has been modified other than by or with the authorization of Licensor, or that is being used with any hardware, software, configuration, or operating system not specified in the Documentation or expressly authorized by Licensor in writing.
8. Collection and Use of Information.
a. Licensee acknowledges that Licensor may, directly or indirectly through the services of Third Parties, collect and store information regarding use of the Software and about equipment on which the Software is installed or through which it otherwise is accessed and used, through:
i. the provision of maintenance services; and
ii. security measures included in the Software as described in Section 6.
b. Licensee agrees that the Licensor may use such information for the exclusive purpose of:
i. improving the performance of the Software or developing Updates; and
ii. verifying Licensee’s compliance with the terms of this Agreement and enforcing the Licensor’s rights, including all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Software.
9. Intellectual Property Rights. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Software and Documentation are provided under license, and not sold, to Licensee. Licensee does not acquire any ownership interest in the Software or Documentation under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto, other than to use the same in accordance with the license granted and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions under this Agreement. Licensor and its service providers reserve and shall retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to the Software and all Intellectual Property Rights arising out of or relating to the Software, except as expressly granted to the Licensee in this Agreement. Licensee shall safeguard all Software (including all copies thereof) from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access. Licensee shall promptly notify Licensor if Licensee becomes aware of any infringement of the Licensor’s Intellectual Property Rights in the Software and fully cooperate with Licensor in any legal action taken by Licensor to enforce its Intellectual Property Rights.
10. Payment. All License Fees and any other fees are payable in advance in the manner set forth in the Order Form and are non-refundable. Any renewal of the license or maintenance services hereunder shall not be effective until the fees for such renewal have been paid in full. Annual maintenance fees may be changed without prior notice to Licensee.
11. Term and Termination.
a. This Agreement and the license granted hereunder shall remain in effect for the term set forth on the Order Form or until earlier terminated as set forth herein (the “Term”).
b. Licensor may terminate this Agreement, effective upon written notice to Licensee, if Licensee, breaches this Agreement and such breach: (i) is incapable of cure; or (ii) being capable of cure, remains uncured thirty (30) days after Licensor provides written notice thereof.
c. Licensor may terminate this Agreement, effective immediately, if Licensee files, or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or pursuant to any other insolvency law, makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors or applies for, or consents to, the appointment of a trustee, receiver, or custodian for a substantial part of its property.
d. Upon expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, the license granted hereunder shall also terminate, and Licensee shall cease using and destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation. No expiration or termination shall affect Licensee’s obligation to pay all Licensee Fees and any other fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination, or entitle Licensee to any refund.
12. Limited Warranties, Exclusive Remedy, and Disclaimer.
a. Solely with respect to Software for which Licensor receives a License Fee, Licensor warrants that, for a period of thirty (30) days following the license date set forth on the Order Form, the Software will substantially contain the functionality described in the Documentation or Work Order/Statement of Work, and when properly installed on a computer meeting the specifications set forth in, and operated in accordance with, the Documentation, will substantially perform in accordance therewith. THE FOREGOING WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY, AND LICENSOR STRICTLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS.
b. The warranty set forth in Section 12(a) will not apply and will become null and void if Licensee breaches any provision of this Agreement, or if Licensee, any Authorized User, or any other Person provided access to the Software by Licensee or any Authorized User, whether or not in violation of this Agreement:
i. installs or uses the Software on or in connection with any hardware or software not specified in the Documentation or expressly authorized by Licensor in writing;
ii. modifies or damages the Software, or the media on which it is provided, including abnormal physical or electrical stress; or
iii. misuses the Software, including any use of the Software other than as specified in the Documentation or expressly authorized by Licensor in writing.
c. If, during the period specified in Section 12(a), any Software covered by the warranty set forth in such Section fails to perform substantially in accordance with the Documentation, and such failure is not excluded from warranty pursuant to the Section 12(b), Licensor will, subject to Licensee’s promptly notifying Licensor in writing of such failure, at its sole option, repair or replace the Software, provided that Licensee provides Licensor with all information Licensor requests to resolve the reported failure, including sufficient information to enable the Licensor to recreate such failure. If Licensor repairs or replaces the Software, the warranty will continue to run from the initial date specified on the Order Form, and not from Licensee’s receipt of the repair or replacement. The remedies set forth in this Section 12(c) are Licensee’s sole remedies and Licensor’s sole liability under this Agreement.
d. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 12(a), THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED TO LICENSEE “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, LICENSOR, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, THE LICENSOR PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE LICENSED SOFTWARE WILL MEET THE LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS OR BE ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
13. Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW:
a. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY USE, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE; LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS; DELAYS, INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF SERVICES, BUSINESS, OR GOODWILL; LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; LOSS RESULTING FROM SYSTEM OR SYSTEM SERVICE FAILURE, MALFUNCTION, OR SHUTDOWN; FAILURE TO ACCURATELY TRANSFER, READ, OR TRANSMIT INFORMATION; FAILURE TO UPDATE OR PROVIDE CORRECT INFORMATION; SYSTEM INCOMPATIBILITY OR PROVISION OF INCORRECT COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION; OR BREACHES IN SYSTEM SECURITY; OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT THE LICENSOR WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
b. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR’S AND ITS AFFILIATES’, INCLUDING ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS’ AND SERVICE PROVIDERS’, COLLECTIVE AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR ITS SUBJECT MATTER, UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO THE LICENSOR PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE SOFTWARE.
c. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN SECTION 13(a) AND SECTION 13(B) SHALL APPLY EVEN IF THE LICENSEE’S REMEDIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
14. Export Regulation. The Software and Documentation may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. The Licensee shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Software or Documentation to, or make the Software or Documentation accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. The Licensee shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Software or Documentation available outside the US.
15. Tax Reporting. Licensor does not render tax advice. Licensee is solely responsible to: (i) determine what, if any, taxes apply to transactions that occur as a result of Licensee’s sales to its customers; and (ii) collect, report, and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authorities. Licensor is not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to a transaction, or for collecting, reporting, or remitting any taxes arising from any transaction. Licensor may from time to time make available to Licensee certain tax calculation services offered by third party providers. Such tax calculation services are Third Party Services, and Licensor is not responsible for the accuracy of same. Licensor recommends that Licensee retain the services of a certified public accountant to audit and remit all sales tax returns, and to defend any tax audits. Licensor agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Licensor, its officers, directors, consultants, employees, successors and assigns harmless from all claims and liability arising from Licensee’s failure to report or pay any such taxes, duties or assessments.
16. Suggestions and Feedback. Licensor welcomes any ideas and/or suggestions regarding improvements or additions to the Software. Under no circumstances shall any disclosure of any idea, suggestion or related material (collectively, “Suggestions”) to Licensor be subject to any obligation of confidentiality or expectation of compensation. By submitting a Suggestion to Licensor, Licensee waives any and all rights in the Suggestion and represents and warrants to Licensor that the Suggestion is wholly original to Licensee, that no one else has any rights in the Suggestion and that Licensee is free to implement and use the Suggestion if desired, as provided by Licensee or as modified by Licensor, without obtaining permission or license from Licensee or from any third party.
a. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Oklahoma without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of Oklahoma in each case located in the City of Edmond, and County of Oklahoma and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such legal suit, action, or proceeding. Service of process, summons, notice, or other document by mail to such party’s address shall be effective service of process for any suit, action, or other proceeding brought in any such court.
b. Licensor will not be responsible or liable to Licensee, or deemed in default or breach hereunder by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder where such failure or delay is due to strikes, labor disputes, civil disturbances, riot, rebellion, invasion, epidemic, hostilities, war, terrorist attack, embargo, natural disaster, acts of God, flood, fire, sabotage, fluctuations or non-availability of electrical power, heat, light, air conditioning, or Licensee equipment, loss and destruction of property, or any other circumstances or causes beyond Licensor’s reasonable control.
c. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given: (i) when delivered by hand (with written confirmation of receipt); (ii) when received by the addressee if sent by a nationally recognized overnight courier (receipt requested); (iii) on the date sent by facsimile or email (with confirmation of transmission) if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, and on the next business day if sent after normal business hours of the recipient; or (iv) on the third day after the date mailed, by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid. Such communications must be sent to the respective parties at the addresses set forth on the Order Form (or to such other address as may be designated by a party from time to time in accordance with this Section 15(c).
d. This Agreement, together with the Order Form, all annexes, schedules, and exhibits attached hereto and all other documents that are incorporated by reference herein, constitutes the sole and entire agreement between Licensee and Licensor with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter.
e. Licensee shall not assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law, or otherwise, without Licensor’s prior written consent, which consent Licensor may give or withhold in its sole discretion. For purposes of the preceding sentence, and without limiting its generality, any merger, consolidation, or reorganization involving Licensee (regardless of whether Licensee is a surviving or disappearing entity) will be deemed to be a transfer of rights, obligations, or performance under this Agreement for which Licensor’s prior written consent is required. No delegation or other transfer will relieve Licensee of any of its obligations or performance under this Agreement. Any purported assignment, delegation, or transfer in violation of this Section 15(e) is void. Licensor may freely assign or otherwise transfer all or any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer all or any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement without Licensee’s consent. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
f. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer on any other Person any legal or equitable right, benefit, or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
g. This Agreement may only be amended, modified, or supplemented by an agreement in writing signed by each party hereto. No waiver by any party of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
h. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
i. For purposes of this Agreement, (a) the words “include,” “includes,” and “including” shall be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation”; (b) the word “or” is not exclusive; and (c) the words “herein,” “hereof,” “hereby,” “hereto,” and “hereunder” refer to this Agreement as a whole. Unless the context otherwise requires, references herein: (x) to Sections, Annexes, Schedules, and Exhibits refer to the Sections of, and Annexes, Schedules, and Exhibits attached to, this Agreement; (y) to an agreement, instrument, or other document means such agreement, instrument, or other document as amended, supplemented, and modified from time to time to the extent permitted by the provisions thereof and (z) to a statute means such statute as amended from time to time and includes any successor legislation thereto and any regulations promulgated thereunder. This Agreement shall be construed without regard to any presumption or rule requiring construction or interpretation against the party drafting an instrument or causing any instrument to be drafted. The Order Form and all Annexes, Schedules, and Exhibits referred to herein shall be construed with, and as an integral part of, this Agreement to the same extent as if they were set forth verbatim herein.
j. The headings in this Agreement are for reference only and do not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
a. the expiration or earlier termination of the End User License Agreement between Licensor and Licensee; or
b. your ceasing to be authorized by Licensee to use the Software for any or no reason.
2. Use Restrictions. You shall not, directly or indirectly:
a. use the Software or Documentation except as set forth in Section 1;
b. copy the Software or Documentation, in whole or in part;
c. modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software or any part thereof;
d. combine the Software or any part thereof with, or incorporate the Software or any part thereof in, any other programs;
e. reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software or any part thereof;
f. remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices included on or in the Software or Documentation, including any copy thereof;
g. rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise provide any access to or use of the Software or any features or functionality of the Software, for any reason, to any other person or entity, including any subcontractor, independent contractor, affiliate, or service provider of Licensee, whether or not over a network and whether or not on a hosted basis, including in connection with the internet, web hosting, wide area network (WAN), virtual private network (VPN), virtualization, time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud, or other technology or service;
h. use the Software or Documentation in violation of any law, regulation, or rule; or
i. use the Software or Documentation for purposes of competitive analysis of the Software, the development of a competing software product or service, or any other purpose that is to the Licensor’s commercial disadvantage.
3. Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge that the Software is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Software under this Agreement, or any other rights to the Software other than to use the Software in accordance with the license granted under this Agreement, subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions. Licensor reserves and shall retain its entire right, title, and interest in and to the Software and all intellectual property rights arising out of or relating to the Software, subject to the license expressly granted to the Licensee in this Agreement. You shall safeguard all Software (including all copies thereof) from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access.
4. Disclaimer of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY USE, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE. YOU ARE PROVIDED THE SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT BETWEEN LICENSOR AND LICENSEE, SOLELY FOR THE BENEFIT OF LICENSEE AND AT LICENSEE’S DISCRETION. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER THAT AGREEMENT INCLUDING ANY RIGHTS TO ENFORCE ANY OF ITS TERMS. ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, MAY HAVE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE SHALL BE SOLELY TO LICENSEE PURSUANT TO THAT AGREEMENT AND SUBJECT TO ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH THEREIN.
5. Export Regulation. The Software may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Software to, or make the Software or Documentation accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Software available outside the US.