Position Description (Abstract):
This role is part of the managed services group of Tigunia, which handles end user support request, initial triage of issues, client endpoints, network & server patching, monitoring, alerting, related break fix support and remediation for a wide variety of customers ranging from small to enterprise companies.
In this more experienced operations role, one will interface directly with customers and their systems and collaborate with internal teams to complete objectives. This is an active, hands-on role which relies on problem solving capabilities and self-reliance. Team members in this role will be expected to be able to provide more advanced systems administration and troubleshooting, while acting as a supporting or escalation resource for other team members. This position requires the ability to prioritize disparate support requests and juggle those requests against some project load.
We expect each of our platform team members to take to heart and embody our core values, while demonstrating these critical attributes:
- Deliberate in Action; know the expected outcome. Every action should either gain more information for you or solve the problem. Do not just guess to reboot.
- Detailed in Triage; know how to unpack an issue so that others can understand, or you can understand it better. (Listing out what is known on an issue/ providing good escalation notes when needed or notating the details of a case succinctly)
- Diligence in Operation; consistency in tasks and upholding standards, including maintenance, patching, client support, and doing it all with a smile.
A systems Administrator should be able to help guide technicians and ensure high quality deliverables for the First Response team. A systems administrator is a capable experienced technical resource.
Escalation Team Service Responsibilities:
- Dispatch & Triage Services
- Helpdesk Services
- Maintenance Services
- Product Specific Callouts:
- Incident/Alert Response
- Backup & DR Services
- Security Tools and responding to related alerts
- Assist other team members with escalated cases or operational issues.
- Maintain / upgrade internal systems.
- Internal & client network and systems diagnostics.
- Deploy system patches in accordance to defined SOPs.
- Responsible for implementing, tuning, and maintaining server environments.
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve existing practices, procedures, and technology implementations.
- Deploy security/bug fixes to VM hosts and perform any other planned maintenance activities on an established cycle.
- Maintain awareness of VMware or Hyper-V software patches and their impact on the environment.
- Consult with clients regarding their infrastructure and best practices to meet business needs.
- Issue problem, change, and request tickets when necessary for both Infrastructure and customer environments.
- When appropriate, escalate issues quickly and efficiently to solve problems.
- Other tasks as appropriate.
Operational Duties (Recurring Expectations):
- Implement projects while following Tigunia standards.
- Provide active feedback and insight if above stated standards should be changed.
- Work with TAMs/PMs to ensure expectations are communicated to clients.
- Aid all members who require it as needed in completing tasks.
- Provide training to all members who require it as needed.
- Continuous learning and development of technical skills.
- Proper documentation of all work in IT Glue.
- Enter all phone calls or emails into the case management system for each case actioned.
- Enter time for each actioned case or project task daily.
- Respond to owned cases within applicable SLA in accordance with department procedures.
- Follow up on all assigned cases daily (unless in a status indicating a wait).
- Document inbound support requests with the CMS (Case Management System) in detail before escalating to higher resource.
- Use CRM home dashboard to ensure assigned case and project workload is getting actioned.
- Ensure clients are consistently communicated through cases on a regular basis.
- Availability and responsiveness when participating in an on-call rotation.
- Must work some holidays and have the flexibility to work extra shifts as required by management.
- Perform written and verbal turnover of open issues/upcoming maintenance at the end of each on-call shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measurable Targets (KPIs):
- Response Time SLA success average above 90% for all owned cases.
- Case closure rate before 5 business days of 80%.
- Maintain target 75% of time weekly allocated to client billable work, with minimum 50%.
- Quality of client communications (individually measured).
- Quality and accuracy of case classifications.
- Quality of case resolutions and resolution notes.
- Prompt feedback and notes on all project engagements.
- Measurable contribution (To be determined monthly) to LMS and ITG documentation and training systems monthly.
- Team Lead feedback pertaining to other objectives related service area targets (such as project completion, timelines, budgets, support escalations, or other defined expectations).
Learning and Skill Objectives:
- Familiarity with all Tigunia tools.
- Familiarity to admin and install from scratch: ADDS, AAD, O365 Exchange, RDS Collections, BC/NAV Instances, MSSQL, IIS.
- MCSA or equivalent (Tentative AZ-104).
- Network+ or equivalent.